Tarot Reading Guidance
Tarot reading, a personal activity, is a very intuitive affair. Any person who wants to learn to read tarot cards must have a basic understanding of the tarot card, know the basic character traits of people represented by the four tarot card suits of the Minor Arcana, as well as be familiar with the various tarot card spreads in tarot. Below are some instructions for elementary tarot card reading.
1. Tarot Cards-pick one that appeals to your taste, style and cultural background. You have to be comfortable with your chosen tarot deck. Feel the good vibes. You will find that your tarot reading will be smooth and flowing.
2. Have a basic understanding of all the tarot card meanings of the 78 cards of the tarot deck. It will be a long arduous task, but in the long run, it can be rewarding and illuminating. Interpreting tarot cards opens up your intuition and as a result leads to greater awareness of the self. It will reveal influences and half hidden motives outside your control as well.
3. Have a tarot reading ritual. Meditate.Ask your higher self, universal knowledge or God to enlighten or reveal information which will help you or the inquirer to solve his/her problems. Do what feels right for you. Have a new age music in the background, burn incense or light a candle.
4. Shuffling the tarot cards. There are no hard and fast rules. You can shuffle the tarot cards yourself and have the inquirer cut it with the left hand( left brain for intuition) or you let the inquirer do both the shuffling and cutting of the tarot cards. Make sure you have clean cloth to lay you tarot cards. Have plenty of room to spread your cards around the table, so it won’t look crowded and makes for easy and comfortable tarot reading.
5. Choose your tarot card spreads. Tarot reading can be made easier if you successfully choose the right tarot layout for your specific purposes. examples of popular tarot card spreads are Horoscope, Celtic Cross, Tree of Life and Calendar. If you want to pick a broad time frame work for your prediction or take an overall look at the various areas of someone’s life or would rather want an inbuilt timing and see immediately where the most meaningful and eventful moments-there are specific tarot card spreads for just any particular purposes.
6. Choose your significator. In a tarot reading, this represents the inquirer. Significator can be chosen in different ways. Ask for your inquirer’s birth sign and then correspond it with the appropriate tarot card suit.
Aquarius, Gemini, Libra- Swords
Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus-Pentacles
Leo, Sagittarius, Aries- Wands
Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio- Cups
Then match it with the sex and age for the court cards.
Kings-male 25 years old and above
Queens-female 25 years and above
Knights- male teenagers
Some tarot card spreads though doesn’t require a significator. Once a significator is chosen don’t just forget about it the whole tarot reading session. Check, how it relates with the rest of the tarot cards, in the layout as you go along. Just like in a novel, make your significator the main character.
7. Analyze your tarot layout. Look for a pattern. are there more Major Arcana than Minor Arcana cards? More cups than wands? If the majority cards are the Major arcana then that means more concerns on the major turning points of life (changing careers, retirement, marriage, children etc.) Minor Arcana cards means focus more on day to day concerns. More tarot suit of cups means a love story, more wands, then its an action-packed adventure.
So there you have it, basic tarot card reading instructions. Remember there are no tarot card interpretations alike. Interpreting tarot cards is as unique as anyone’s thumb prints. Let your intuition get in front of the steering wheel while driving through the maze of the world of tarot reading.