The pattern in which the cards are put after the deck is shuffled and cut is called the ‘tarot spread.’ There are various types of tarot cards, and similarly, there are various types of ‘spreads’, including from single card to all 78 cards. The choice of tarot spread mainly depends on the reader as well as the seeker’s questions. Read Tarot Reading Online to know more about Tarot cards.
With determination and capacity of mind, you will find it easy to learn to read tarot cards. First, you need to memorize the meanings of each tarot card. Once you are well-versed in the basic knowledge, you can start practicing with the simple spreads.
One of the most famous card spread is the Simple Cross. This spread requires four cards: first to the left, second to the right, third at the top, and fourth at the bottom. The first two cards indicate the obstacles and chances respectively. The third card represents your question while the fourth card reveals the answer.
For beginners, you should start with the simple spreads (i.e., one card spread, three card spread, simple cross) and then move on to the more sophisticated ones. If you spend time practicing, you will soon become an expert at Tarot reading. Besides, you can create your own spreads and interpret them. It takes some time but will give you more fame and reputation. In the meanwhile, you can carry out the aforementioned simple yet effective spreads.
- The Marseilles are used for meditation and divination. It initiated in the 18th century and is older than the Rider Waite by 200 years.
- The Phoenix was created in the 20th century. It is one of the beautiful sets thanks to the vibrant colors.
- The Colman Smith has psychedelic colors and tarot drawings. It is the modern version of the Rider Waite.
- The International Icon is the traditional deck of Swiss. It is one of the most popular Tarot decks used by the psychic readers.
- The Golden is a deck that is often used by the great thinkers. It has the touches of medieval performance for fortune telling.
- The Curious is pretty unusual; it is a set of a modern tarot deck. The characters portrayed on them are very eerie. Many people use the Curious today.
- The Benedetti is inspired by the Visconti Tarot deck. It has patterns of leaves painted in gold. The psychic readers use this set of cards to add a bit of elegance to their reading.